Want to own a firearm? You need this course.
The Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) is a federal certification that is required before applying for your Possession and Acquisition License (PAL), or "firearms license". This license allows an individual to purchase & own and new or used non-restricted firearms, and ammunition.
Additionally, those interested in owning Restricted Firearms (such as handguns) require the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC).
- the evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
- basic firearms safety practices;
- operating firearm actions;
- safe handling and carry procedures;
- firing techniques and procedures;
- care of firearms;
- responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and,
- safe storage, display, transportation and handling of firearms.
- To obtain a full PAL you must be 18 years old to take this course, however those 12 - 17 years old may take the course and apply for a Minor's License.
- If taking the Restricted Course by itself, participant must already hold a PAL
Maximum Instructor to Participant Ratio: 1:10
- 1 day for non-restricted PAL
- 1 day for restricted PAL
Cost: $125.00 plus tax
Dates: check the homepage or contact us for private courses
Note: as per RCMP Canadian Firearms Program guidelines, during this course all ammunition will be 'dummy' rounds and all firearms used will be disabled.
For live-fire introductory instruction, inquire about our Wildlife Awareness & Predator Safety course.
We can also teach the Manitoba Hunter Education course by special request.
Contact us for more information.