Winter is an amazing time of year; a landscape filled with snow and the air cold enough to hurt our face (but no mosquitos!), and the magical serenity of winter travel draws many of us out to explore.
Learn the specific application of survival in the Boreal Winter landscape.
Syllabus (includes but not limited to):
- Snow Shelters, including:
- Snow Trench
- Snow Cave
- Igloo (if conditions permit)
- Snowshoe Fabrication
- Winter tracking & trapping
- Winter Camp Chores & Routine
- WSS1 encouraged, but not required
Duration: 4 days, 3 nights (each night spent in a different type of winter shelter)
Maximum Instructor to Participant Ratio: 1:6
Cost: $700 + tax
Dates: check the homepage or contact us for private courses