- Joined the Canadian Military armed forces in 1989.
- Served 19 years in field Units, operating in all environments including desert, mountain, jungle, boreal forest and ocean.
- Commanded sniper and reconnaissance teams in remote locations in numerous countries.
- Retired instructor of the Canadian Forces School of Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape (SERE).
- Guest instructor at Alexander Ross Middle School in The Pas, Manitoba.
- Presented winter survival techniques at NATO flying training center in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
- Instructed on Survival and or participated on survival courses in every environment on the planet with most of NATO.
- Guest survival instructor for SAR Tech pre-selection course in Jarvis Lake, Alberta.
- Numerous mobile teaching teams (MTT’s) for air crew pre-deployment briefings prior to going over seas.
- Long range reconnaissance
- Master Sniper
- Senior leadership courses preparing me to lead 18 man teams into remote locations for extended periods of time.
- Emergency, Industrial, and Wilderness First Aid.
- SERE with Canadian, USA, British and German Armed Forces
- Environmental Survival in the arctic, boreal forest, desert, mountain, and ocean.
- Mountain and avalanche rescue.
- Backcountry expedition leadership.
- Small craft vessel operator.
- Mountain operations course.
- Tactical Man tracking course.
- Born in Windsor, Ontario
- Childhood spent Kingsville, Ontario (Boating, hunting, and exploring the back country)
- Currently residing in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Married 21 years and father of 2 girls and a boy!
- Kayaking expeditions
- Back country camping
- Various types of outdoor courses
- Introducing my son to the great outdoors!