Advanced Wilderness Survival
Are you looking for a life altering experience?
Would you like to know if you have what it takes to survive?
This 5 day adventure will give you a new perspective on life. You will appreciate the more basic comforts civilization has to offer.
We will have two days of advanced survival instruction which leads to a 3 day solo survival adventure. You will experience some or all of the enemies of survival. This experience is very similar to a vision quest.
Passive survival is the name of the game and advanced techniques will be introduced.
*All safety aspects are taken into consideration and plans of action have been considered and implemented.
This course is a must for anyone who is willing to test boundaries and push their limits.
Teaching points include (but not limited to):
- Local plants and animal identification and patterns.
- Passive food gathering techniques.
- Knife and axe sharpening techniques.
- Food storage and preparations.
- Advanced fire starting.
- Enemies of survival.
- Smoke generator.
- Cleaning and cooking of small game.
Solo projects include
- Start and maintain a fire
- Identify and gather food sources
- Create a ground to air signal
- Produce a tool of their choice (ie. fishing rod, axes, fork)
- Navigate from drop off point to solo site and back at the end of the exercise.
- Identify water sources and demonstrate methods of purification.
- Select a shelter site and build the shelter of their choice with the on hand materials
- Set and monitor a small game snare, either a rabbit or squirrel set. Snares maybe closed so as not to catch animals.
*It will be at the instructor’s judgment if you will be placed solo or in pairs.
Duration 5 full days (Monday to Friday)
Cost $1000 per person (+ tax)
- Basic navigation skills
- Emergency First Aid Training (minimum)
- Proper equipment and environmental clothing as per Kitlist