If there is one sure way to end up in a survival situation, it’s getting lost in the wilderness. This course is designed to give you a working knowledge of map, compass and GPS. Day one will be theoretical training mixed with some short practical exercises. Day two will start with a quick review followed by a full day of outdoor navigation. After this course you will have the confidence and skills to venture into the wilderness whether for work or play.
Teaching points include (but not limited to)
- Map care and maintenance
- Compass features
- Bearings: shooting and taking
- Plotting your position
- Measuring distance both on the map and on the ground
- Navigating by sun and stars
- Maintaining a straight line while navigating terrain features
- Triangulation or re-section
- Navigation without map or compass
General public, Preppers, Outdoor enthusiasts, Snowmobilers, ATV riders, Hunters, Sport and Commercial fisherman, Canoeists, Hikers, Mushroom and Berry pickers, Ice road travelers, Back country and Remote workers.
Duration 2 Full Days
Cost $300 per person + tax
Prerequisites Proper equipment and environmental clothing as per Kit list
Group rates available