To see our full lineup of online courses, visit here:
See the courses full outline and free previews before enrolling.
More online courses and content coming soon....
Online Wilderness Safety & Survival - Level 1 (Survival Knowledge)
Learn the basics of surviving in the wilderness. Our training is based on the current Canadian Air Force doctrine. This course is both informative and entertaining through real life examples. The basic principles learned, can be used in all environments whether it’s land, marine or urban based emergencies.
This online course will take you through the following chapters:
- Enemies of Survival
- Search and Rescue
- First Aid
Wilderness Safety & Survival - Level 2&3 (Practical Survival with overnight scenario)
Watch as our lead instructor Dave MacDonald, sets up a survival camp for the night. From setting passive signals, to building fire, and shelters. Dave and Felicia go over water collection, snares, and much more during this two day scenario in a winter survival situation. This course will teach you great tips and tricks to surviving in an emergency situation.
Syllabus (includes but not limited to)
- First Aid: Awareness and Prevention is key!
- Fire: Multiple methods under varying conditions.
- Shelter: Varying types, materials, placements, and the pros & cons of each.
- Signals: Being seen is being rescued! (flares, mirrors, flags, smoke generators and more).
- Water: Melting snow and other forms of water collection and purification.
- Food: Passive techniques for harvesting common plants and animals.