- Became a full member of the Canadian Military as a Vehicle Technician, land, at the age of 18.
- Served in Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg and Shilo with the military for 23 years.
- Served in the Former Republic Yugoslavia as a United Nations Peacekeeper and in Bosnia Herzegovina for 6 months each.
- In 2007, began instructing at the Canadian Forces School of Survival and Aero medical Training (CFSSAT) as a Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape (SERE) instructor.
- 4 years basic and advanced survival instructor at CFSSAT
- Guest instructor at NATO winter survival course in Spatin, Norway, 2010
- Guest speaker for SAR Scene 2008 in St. John’s Newfoundland.
- Instructor for NATO aircrew winter survival course in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
- Numerous mobile teaching teams (MTT’s) for air crew pre-deployment briefings and exercises prior to going overseas.
- Vehicle Technician.
- Spill Response Management.
- Small craft vessel operator.
- Safety Management.
- Standard first aid.
- Manitoba hunting guide.
Courses, Skills and Errata
- Survival Instructor.
- Escape and Evasion Instructor.
- Tactical tracking course.
- USAF combat survival course.
- Junior and senior leaders’ courses.
- Arctic survival.
- Advanced SERE.
- Cold Water immersion Training.
- Air Ops Sea survival.
- Land survival.
- Winter warfare course.
- Instructional techniques course.
- Very knowledgeable in all MS Office products.
- 20 years of experience in repairing all types of equipment in all types of environments.
- Born in Winnipeg Manitoba.
- Childhood spent in the outdoors hunting, fishing and exploring nature around southern Manitoba.
- Member of the Communication reserves from ages 17 to 18 when I enrolled in the regular forces.
- Currently residing in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Hunting (archery, black powder and rifle) and fishing.
- Back country canoeing, boating and camping.
- Hiking, snowshoeing and mountain biking.
- Snowmobiling and Quading.
- Exploring the back roads of Manitoba and Saskatchewan.